TO: Cycleventures Limited and its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, subcontractors, guides, representatives, successors, assigns, volunteers, sponsors, promoters, and advertisers (all of whom are hereafter collectively referred to as “THE RELEASEES”).
In this Release Agreement, the terms “cycling” and “cycling trip” shall refer to all activities, events, services, or use of facilities provided, arranged, organized or conducted by the Releasees, including, but not limited to the following: cycling, hiking, motor vehicle, train and boat transfers, use of roads and trails, and other such activities, events and services in any way connected with or related to those activities.
- I acknowledge that I have been advised to wear an approved helmet while cycling. I agree and acknowledge that it is my responsibility to ensure that my equipment is in good and safe working order. I agree to follow all other written and verbal trip safety rules presented to me by Cycleventures Limited.
- I acknowledge that Cycleventures Limited reserves the right to make route, hotel and trip modifications as necessary or advisable to improve the trip quality and/or to accommodate the comfort and well-being of guests.
- I acknowledge that Cycleventures Limited reserves the right to decline accepting or retaining any trip participant whose health or actions in Cycleventures Limited’s sole judgment impedes the operation of a trip or the welfare or enjoyment of fellow participants.
- I understand the nature of the cycling trip and represent that I am qualified to participate in such activity. I further acknowledge and accept that it is my responsibility to consult with my own personal physician about my physical health, fitness, and ability to participate in the cycling trip and will do so before participating in the trip.
- I acknowledge that I have been advised to obtain medical, travel and trip cancellation insurance.
STOP – READ THIS
CYCLISTS RESPONSIBILITY CODE
- 1. Stay in control at all times. It is your responsibility to avoid other persons, objects and traffic around you.
- You must stay on the designated side of the road and avoid traffic.
- You must know local traffic regulations and road signs to further ensure safe cycling.
- You must try to stay hydrated and fueled and tell the guides if you are not feeling well.
- Know when to disembark your bike if the road is too rough, traffic is too congested or road signs too complicated.
- Ensure that your helmet is in good shape and properly fitted.
- Inspect bike frame and forks for cracks, damaged or dented areas.
- Ensure you have sufficient brake pad to stop your bike while descending.
- Front and rear axles (quick-release skewers) should be tight.
- Headset and stem must be secure with no looseness or play.
- Check that your tires are in good condition with no tears or cuts in the sidewall.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) cycling is an inherently dangerous sport in which I participate at my own risk; (b) the cycling trip involves risks and dangers of property damage, illness, serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis, and death, (c) these risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the trip, the NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF CYCLEVENTURES LIMITED OR THEIR STAFF INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF CYCLEVENTURES LIMITED OR THEIR STAFF TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF THE CYCLING TRIP, or the condition in which the trip takes place. I am aware that Cycleventures Limited cycling trips may take place in regions and countries where the medical facilities, supplies and services may not be easily accessible or adequate and where safety and other standards, facilities, and infrastructure are basic and/or inferior.
The risks associated with the cycling and the cycling trips include, by way of example and not limitation, the following: collisions with other cyclists, pedestrians, vehicles, fixed or moving objects; falls; loss of balance, difficulty or inability to control one’s speed and direction, becoming lost or separated from the guides or other participants; equipment failures and malfunctions; failure to negotiate obstacles and hazards, both marked and unmarked, including railway tracks, ruts, holes, potholes, rocks, stones, sand, gravel, mud, water, oil and/or other objects on the ground or in the roadway; variations or steepness in terrain; varying visibility; fatigue; exhaustion; dehydration; heatstroke; hypothermia; high elevation; changing weather conditions, encounters with wild or other animals; risks associated with impure water and/or food; civil unrest, terrorism, criminal activity; stolen, lost, damaged or misplaced luggage or property. I understand the description of these risks is not complete and that unknown or unanticipated risks may result in property damage, illness injury, or death.
In entering into this Release Agreement I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees about the cycling trip other than what is set forth in this Agreement.
I agree that if any portion of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT PRIOR TO SIGNING IT, AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS,ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.