Note: If you wish to register for a trip, please read and understand the following Terms and Conditions.
Each participant is responsible for booking their own flight to the city where the trip begins. We can recommend a travel agency if needed. Our guides will pick you up at the arrival airport on the scheduled first day of the trip. If you choose to arrive early we will help you organize your own airport transfer at your cost. If you wish to stay longer, or arrive earlier, please notify Cycleventures so that we can help you to arrange your travels. Please contact us before you book your flight to confirm that the trip has enough participants to proceed.
Hotels and Meals
All hotels are three-star level (occasional two-stars or inn) with private facilities in each room. Prices stated are based on double occupancy. Single supplement rates are available if you’d like your own room. A continental or buffet breakfast is provided each morning and anywhere from 40 to 60% of dinners. Please let us know if you have any dietary needs. Some evening meals are left open so you can choose a local restaurant.
The single supplement is an additional fee if you wish to have your own room during the trip. If you agree to share a room with someone of the same gender we will pair you up. If there is not another single participant of the same gender available, you will automatically have your own room and incur the additional single supplement fee.
Health and Fitness Requirements
Participants should be healthy and active before participating in a Cycleventures trip. It is vital that persons with medical problems make them known to us well before departure; all riders are required to complete a one-page medical summary before participating. Hospital facilities for serious problems can be difficult to source and evacuation can be prolonged, difficult and expensive. Cycleventures assumes no liability regarding provision of medical care.
Responsibilities of Trip Participants
Trip participants have a certain responsibility to Cycleventures and other trip participants. Trip participants are responsible for: understanding the conditions implied in the Trip Itinerary, selecting a trip that is appropriate to their interests and abilities, preparing for the trip accordingly and having the proper bike and equipment needed for the selected trip. A participant may be asked to leave a trip if the leader feels that the person’s continued participation may prove detrimental to the individual or to the wellbeing and enjoyment of other guests.
- Comprehensive trip planning, a well-designed itinerary and excellent riding routes.
- Airport pick-up and drop off on scheduled days.
- Welcome Reception on the first day of each trip.
- GPS tracks for all main routes that can be transferred to riders’ personal computers.
- Michelin maps and route description with profiles for all riding days.
- Optional add-on features like wine tasting or guided walking tours (depending on trip).
- Detailed pre-departure information and trip extension assistance.
- Daily support vehicle with water and snacks.
- Daily luggage transport and all land transportation stated in the itinerary.
- Accommodations: Three star hotels (occassional two-star or inn) based on double occupancy with private facilities unless otherwise stated.
- Meals: all breakfasts and 40-60% of dinners. Special diet? Let us know
- Expert leadership: two leaders per trip with groups of seven or more.
- Daily map session reviewing the next day’s ride.
- Bike box storage or transfer if a point-to-point trip.
- Assistance with bike rentals.
- Optional masseuse/soigneur, riding coach on private departures.
- Cycleventures t-shirt.
What is Not included:
- Airfare and excess baggage charges (if any).
- Travel and Medical Insurance.
- Optional tipping to guides.
- Your bike, lunches and some dinners as indicated.
- Energy supplements such as gels, powders and bars.
- Items of a personal nature such as telephone charges and laundry.
- Extra beverages including coffee, wine and beer.
- Any expenses incurred by delays in public transportation (air, sea, rail and bus).
- Sightseeing fees unless included as a feature.
All participants are required to read, understand and complete our Release of Liability Waiver on the first day of the trip.
Travel and Medical Insurance
Medical Insurance (covering aircraft evacuation) is MANDATORY on all Cycleventures trips. Medical and evacuation expenses will be the responsibility of the participant. Trip participants are responsible for purchasing medical insurance.
Travel insurance will cover you if you cancel your trip. Purchasing travel insurance is strongly advised to avoid unfortunate loss of funds due to an emergency or illness of the participant or a traveling companion, or illness or death of an immediate family member of either the participant or their traveling companion.
For Canadian clients, Cycleventures recommends RBC Insurance and specifically the “Deluxe Package” coverage, which is the most comprehensive. This package offers these insurances:
- Emergency Medical Insurance: unlimited amount
- Cancellation and Interruption: Before Departure: For the amount for which you are insured.
- Cancellation and Interruption: After Departure: unlimited
- Subsistence Allowance: $3000
- Flight Accident: $100,000
- Travel Accident: $50,000
- Baggage & Personal Effects: Loss or Damage: $1,000. Delay: $400
RBC Insurance can be contacted at: www.rbctravelprotection.com or Toll Free at: 1-866-896-5702
For US and international clients, contact World Wide Travel Insurance Services Ltd.: www.worldwideinsure.com
Cancellation by the Participant
If canceling, the following policy applies for our Scheduled trips:
- Within 7 days of receiving your registration (and outside of the 90 day pre-trip window) your full deposit of $750 CAD per person will be refunded.
- After 7 days your $750 CAD per person trip deposit is non-refundable. However it is transferrable to another trip up to 150 days prior to your trips start date and must be used within one calendar year of your cancelation request.
- Once full balance is paid at 90 days before the trip start date, 50% may be refunded up to 60 days prior, 25% refunded up to 30 days prior.
- All trips are non-refundable 29 days or less prior to the trips start date.
If canceling, the following policy applies for our Private or Custom trips:
- Trip deposits are non-refundable once your deposit has been received. Deposit amounts will vary depending on the destination and itinerary.
- Once your full balance is received at 90 days before the trip start, 25% may be refunded up to 60 days prior.
- All Custom or Private trips are non-refundable 59 days or less prior to the trips start date.
All cancellations must be made via email sent to Big Mountain Bike Adventures.
Please note that any payments made to an airline on your behalf may not be recoverable and will be subject to the airlines cancellation policies. No refunds will be made for a cancellation during the course of the tour, nor for unused portions of the trip.
Cancellation by Cycleventures
Cycleventures reserves the right to cancel a trip if the minimum number of clients for a trip is not fulfilled. In such a case, refund of payments received by Cycleventures shall be returned in full and we will give you a $400 credit towards a Cycleventures trip during the same or following year. Cycleventures cannot assume responsibility for any loss incurred on account of non-refundable air tickets. Please contact Cycleventures prior to purchasing your flight as to confirm that the required number of participants have signed up for your trip.
Cycleventures provides 5% off land cost to former clients.